Case Histories Of people with no experience
who successfully broke into Pharmaceutical Sales:
First person accounts of How various people got Into Pharmaceutical Sales
- Case History #1 - Network, Network, Network.
- Case History #2 - Newspaper Ads and Brain Picking.
- Case History #3 - Recent College Graduate hits Pay-Dirt.
2 Of The Most Frequently Asked Question
- Do Reps really make lots of money and Big bonuses?
- How many products does a rep carry; how do you get paid bonus on them?
Basic Requirements for being a drug rep
- I think I want to be a pharmaceutical sales representative, but how can I
know for sure?
- How necessary is it to have a 4 - year degree?
- Is a scientific degree/ sales experience required
- Am I too old to land a job in pharmaceutical sales?
- How long should I expect my job search to last?
- I'm willing to relocate for the right pharmaceutical sales
will this help me?
- Will a DWI hurt my chances of being hired as a pharmaceutical rep?
- I have bad credit; will this hurt my chances ?
Information On Landing the job
- Will an MBA or other advanced degree improve my chances of being hired as
a pharmaceutical sales rep?
- What are the pros and cons of working with a recruiter?
- How important is the resume in landing a pharmaceutical sales job?
- How do I shop for a resume writer?
- What are the essentials that should appear on my resume?
- What about a cover letter?
- What is the best way to land a job in pharmaceutical sales?
The Interview Process
- Why do the drug companies give so many interviews; why does the process
take so long ?
- What should I bring to an interview?
- What is proper etiquette for a "ride-along?"
- I have been on several interviews but received no offers. What could I be
- What if nobody will give me reps' business cards?
- Are newspaper advertisements a good way to find a job in pharm sales?
- What is a Job-Fair? How useful are they?
- What do companies look for at Job-Fairs?
- What are the pros and cons of working at a small pharmaceutical company
versus one of the biggies?
- I am in college. What can I do to enhance my odds of being hired as a
pharmaceutical sales representative?
- What is a typical day for a pharmaceutical sales representative?
- How many sales calls are you required to make each day?
- What is a contract sales company such as InVentiv or PDI?
- Should I accept a contract sales position if my true goal is to work
directly for one of the big drug companies
- What If I have more than one job offer. How do I decide?
- When the economy does a downturn, what is the job market like for
pharmaceutical sales reps?
- If I am hired, and I have poor sales, will I be fired?
- What are some of the things that you don't like about being a
- What's the hardest thing about being a rep?
- Do Reps really make large bonuses? How many products does a rep carry
and how do you get paid bonus on them?
- If I'm hired, what kind of training can I expect?
Monster Interviews Corey Nahman (the author of this website)
Monster.com Article on Pharmaceutical Sales
Insightful article on how to break into pharmaceutical sales from the perspective of a field veteran and a newly hired representative. Please note: This interview was conducted several years ago; the salary figures are out of date.
Monster.com: Contract Drug Rep Tells Her Story
Monster.com Article on contract Pharmaceutical Sales
Insightful interview of contract-rep; pros and cons of working for a contract sales organization; highly recommended.
Corey's recommendation: Resume Writer; The man who I think is the
best resume writer in the industry - He did my resume (twice) and I
recommend him highly. Scott Burke of TCA has 25 years experience
writing pharmaceutical resume's and cover letters. Click Here for Details
Corey's recommendation: Pharma Resume Blaster: Submit your
resume to more than specialized 750 recruiters who deal only with
pharmaceutical and medical device companies. Click Here For My Review
Copyrighted Material; Please do not reprint or redistribute.
Abilify/Actos /Actonel/Acyclovir/Adipex/Adderal/Advicor/Aldara/Allegra /Altovis/Amaryl /Ambien/Amitriptyline /Atacand/Atacand HCT/Avandia /Avandamet/
Avapro, Avalide /Avlimil/Benicar/Bextra/Byetta/Celebrex/ Celexa /Cialis/
Cymbalta /Denavir/Diovan/ Effexor XR /Effexor /Enzyte/ Evista/Famvir/Flonase /Fluoxetine /Focalin/Fosamax/Geodon/Glipizide/ Glucophage / Glucovance / Hyzaar/
Lamisil/Lescol/Levitra/ Lexapro /Lipitor/Lovastatin/Lunesta/ Metadate
CD/Metformin /Methylphenidate/Methylin/ MetroGel /Micardis /Mobic/ Nasacort/Nasonex/Nexium/Niaspan/Paxil / Plavix /Pravachol/ Prevacid/Propecia/Prozac,Generic Prozac /Questran/Retin-A /Renova /Risperdal/Ritalin/Seroquel/ Singulair /Soma/Sonata/Strattera/Tamiflu/Teveten /Tramadol/Tricor/Valtrex/Viagra/Valium/Vytorin/Welchol/Wellbutrin/Xanax/Xyzal/Zetia/Zocor/Zoloft/Zyban/Zyprexa/Zyrtec
Who is Corey Nahman? / Our Mission Statement / Advertise / Contact
Drug Information Databases:
Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARBS) / Antidepressants /
Antihistamines /Arthritis Drugs/Atypical Antipsychotics/
Cholesterol Drugs/Diabetes Drugs /ADD, ADHD/Drug Information
Databases; Catalogue of /Drugs For HIV, AIDS / Insulin /
Osteoporosis Drugs/Sleeping Pills
Baycol/Risperdal/Zyprexa/Seroquel Lawsuit/Ortho Evra Lawsuit/
Vioxx Trial Lawsuit/Whistleblower Law/
Levitra/Paxil CR /Phentermine/Strattera/Tamiflu/Valtrex/Viagra/
How To Become A Pharmacist/ Pharmacist Continuing Education/Pharmacy Journals /
Cancer Information /Classified/ Diabetes / Diabetic Supplies/
Drug Company Database/ ENT /FDA; Drug Approval Process /
Heart Disease /HIV AIDS / Medical Information Databases/
Medical Journals/ Paxil CR Alternatives/Pharmaceutical Advertising, Pharmaceutical Marketing Help Wanted/Medical Information/
Mother Page; Starting Point / Case Study 1 / Case Study 2 / Case Study 3 / Tips on how to get in / FAQ Table of contents / Willing to relocate / Hardest part of being a rep / How do I know it is right for me? / Working with a recruiter / Typical length of job search / Interview bring with materials / Ride along / Cover Letter / Resume essentials / Small company versus large company; working for / Am I too old / Scientific degree / MBA / Number of calls per day / Cover Letters / Salary and bonus / Getting laid off / Best way to find job / Newspaper advertisements / Trouble getting business cards / Interviews but no offers / Training / Contract rep / Future sales reps / More than one job offer / Resume essentials / How to find a resume writer / Job fairs(A) /Job fairs(B) / So many interviews
Note To Visitors:
We never answer drug or health related questions so please don't e-mail us with your drug related questions.
If you have a question about a drug that you are taking or if you think you are experiencing a side effect from a drug that you are taking you must get in touch with the doctor who prescribed the drug or the pharmacist who dispensed it to you, not us.
The information contained on this web site is for your information only. You should never take a drug without a doctor's prescription. Do NOT give yourself any drug unless it has been prescribed for you by a doctor.
It's foolish to start taking a medicine or stop taking a medicine on your own based on information you read here or any other internet web site because this could cause you to become seriously ill or die or worse even.
Questions or feedback regarding this site? Contact Webmaster
Copyright, 2008 Internet Drug News Inc - all rights reserved
CoreyNahman.com and Pharmaceutical News Harvest are registered Trademarks of Internet Drug News Inc.
We subscribe to The HONcode of online conduct:
1. Qualification of author(s)
This site is published and webmastered by Corey Nahman, Registered pharmacist in the Sate of New York.
Let it be known that the information provided on this site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician.
At all times, the information on this site shall be footnoted with the source(s) of published information, date and medical and health pages provided.
This site shall at all times back up claims relating to benefits and performance.
This site shall at all times use accessible presentation, you can e-mail the publisher of this site at his personal e-mail address at any time.
7. Financial disclosure
This site is supported by click advertisements, banner advertisements and affiliate arrangements. All ads are properly labeled as such. If you have any questions regarding how we make money please e-mail the webmaster with your questions. All advertisements shall be clearly distinguished from content.
Proudly Published In NEW YORK CITY, USA
Site Mission Statement, Intended Audience, Editorial Policy, Advertising Policy
This Page Last Updated 8/22/2008